Wedding Dress Shopping Tips and Advice
One of the biggest days in your life is coming up and you will be feeling an overwhelming combination of excitement, elation, nerves and maybe just a little bit of stress. There is so much planning to be done and choosing your dress and the outfits for the wedding party will be a major decision. With over 28 years of experience we have picked up a few tips along the way that you might find helpful when starting to look for your wedding dress.
- Do some research on the type of dress you are looking for and make appointments at shops which stock these styles as this will help you to focus.
- When going to appointments to try on wedding dresses make sure that your makeup and hair are done nicely and that you feel good about yourself.
- Wear nice underwear so that you are in the right frame of mind to look at yourself in the mirror.
- Don’t cram in lots of appointments on the one day. You will get confused and tired and won’t be able to make informed decisions.
- Take your mum or your best friend, don’t take lots of people with you. Too many opinions will only confuse you.
- Make your own decisions first then if you feel it’s absolutely necessary, involve other people but not till you have given yourself time to think. It’s your day and you shouldn’t be influenced by other people’s ideas for you.
- If you do take family and friends make sure they don’t speak and offer opinions until after you have said what you feel about the dress you are trying on.
- Be open to suggestions at your appointment. Take advice from the stylist as she will know her collection and will usually select the dresses which will suit you.
- When trying dresses on, don’t just think about the dress suiting you. You should also think about the photographs and the type of venue e.g. a very long train suits a cathedral setting and soft, floaty dress would be suitable for a wedding on a beach.
Enjoy the experience. It’s such a happy time, make sure you don’t turn it into a pressure. All dresses look better worn with a smile.
Some brides will go to an exhibition to get an overview of wedding suppliers and others will take advice from recently married friends and most will do the majority of their research online before choosing the suppliers that look most relevant to visit.
If you have any questions please get in touch!